Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Few of My Favorites







These are a few of my favorite paintings by Karl.   The second one down is entitled "Lonely is the Man Without Love" and the bottom one is entitled "Alpha and Omega."  The rest may have titles, but I do not know what they are, since these are all privately owned and I do not have access to them anymore.  Karl did not always assign titles to his paintings, anyway.

Karls' widow, Anne, retained custody of many of Karl's latest works.  She gave me a small, very early painting from a set of three, and two small paintings from his latest, Commercial period.  The two that Karl gave me during my college years have always been prominently displayed, from my dorm room to my various apartments to my house.  I now proudly display five of his works.

No comments:

Post a Comment