Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just a Few More Paintings

I only have a few more of Karl's works on my computer, which  I'll Post here, now.  I must check the CD that I have of his works to see if I've got any more to Post for you.  If not, these are almost the last that I can show.  This first one is entitled "The War's All Over."  I do not know if Karl was referring to the end of the Viet Nam War or war in general.  Perhaps he was foretelling the end of the Viet Nam War, looking forward to it.

The following painting was entitled "Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came."  Granted, not original, but Karl somehow equated the sayiing with this painting.  This was at the height of the Viet Nam War, of course.


I have only this last one on my computer.  I've only just now taken a close look at it, enlarged, and I might be able to identify it as a transitional work between his Middle and Late Periods.  I say this because I can see that it contains elements from both periods in it.  [One must keep in mind that these "periods" are of my own devise, my own way of distinguishing between several periods of his life as well as his artwork.]


One can see faces, much like his Middle Period, peering out from behind flowers, much like his Late Period.  His Late Period consists of, among other things, colorful flower arrangements and other still lifes, ships and sea-scapes and wonderful city-scapes; perhaps more themes of which I am unaware at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment